Gateway: Your Path to Homeownership
Gateway: Your Path to Homeownership
Posted on November 7, 2016
Homeownership is a dream most families share. It’s also one of the most important decisions and the largest purchase families are likely to make. To help families navigate housing options and turn this dream into a reality, Self-Help Enterprises, a HUD certified counseling agency, has launched The Gateway: Your Path to Homeownership Program.
Serving as a “one-stop” for families looking to start their housing search or to access one of Self-Help Enterprises’ homeownership programs, Self-Help Enterprises’ homeownership counselors will walk families through the different types of mortgage rates, the effect credit scores have on being approved for a loan, how much down payment is needed for purchase, and how much home is affordable. A tailored action plan will then be developed to assist families in achieving their financial homeownership goals.
- Importance of Credit
- The Mortgage Process
- Working with a Realtor
- The Purchase Process
- Mortgage & Down Payment Assistance Programs
- Affordable Housing Opportunities
Homebuyers who take this class have a better understanding of the process, ask smarter questions, and make better informed decisions.
- Homebuyer Education In-person Class: $75 for individual and $25 for each additional borrower on a loan
- Online Homebuyer Education Course: $99 for individual or married couple
- Credit report fee for one-on-one counseling: $25 for individual or married couple
To get started, prospective homebuyers will need to contact Self-Help Enterprises via phone at (559) 651-1000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An initial counseling appointment will be scheduled and a $25 credit report fee will be collected in order to reserve the counseling appointment. $50 fee will reserve the appointment. The fee covers a credit report and a portion of the homeownership education class fee. After one-on-one counseling session with a staff member to review credit repair, budgeting, and develop a tailored action plan for your financial homeownership goals, you will be registered to attend an education class based on individual needs.
As part of the Gateway Program, Self-Help Enterprises partners with local municipal governments, realtors and mortgage lenders in an effort to provide a range of homeownership opportunities for families residing in Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Stanislaus and Tulare County.
Self-Help Enterprises’ housing programs include:
- First-Time Homebuyer: Resources and down payment assistance for families looking to become homeowners through traditional avenues.
- Build Your Own Home: Eight to twelve families are grouped together and help each other build their houses with skilled onsite supervision and guidance of Self-Help Enterprises’ construction staff. “Sweat equity” serves as the down payment and monthly mortgage payment is based on the household’s income.
- Manufactured Housing: Assistance to eligible, first-time homebuyers in purchasing manufactured housing units.
- Housing Rehabilitation: Funding assistance to make important health and safety repairs to a home.
Because our programs provide affordable and stable low-interest loans for homebuyers, sustainable homeownership has become a reality for many underserved families in the San Joaquin Valley who may not afford a home otherwise.
To date, Self-Help Enterprises’ housing programs has resulted in successful homeownership for over 24,000 hardworking families.
- Abigail Solis on Self-Help Enterprises’ Clean and Affordable Energy Projects
- Grand Opening of Palm Terrace Apartments Offers a Hopeful Future for the Cisneros’ Children
- Grand Opening of Palm Terrace Apartments in Lindsay
- Nitrate Testing for Private Water Wells in Porterville Area
- The Importance of Proposition 1 and 2
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015