- This class has passed.
2 in 1 – Homebuyer Education and Financial Management Class – En Espanol
November 17, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
THIS IS A 2 FOR 1 CLASS COMBINING HOMEBUYER EDUCATION AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT – IN SPANISH
Part 1: Homebuyer Education
Smart, sustainable homeownership, begins with education. Self-Help Enterprises, a HUD certified counseling agency, offers a homeownership education class for those interested in purchasing a home. The class prepares you for the home buying process, including how to secure a mortgage loan, and provides information about down payment assistance opportunities.
Class attendees leave the session:
- Prepared to navigate the process of purchasing a home;
- With a comprehensive pre-purchase handbook; and
- With a certificate of completion which is required for many down payment assistance programs. *
The class fee is $75 for the fist individual and $25 for additional attendees. If you are having financial difficulty, please contact our Gateway staff. The one-on-one counseling must be complete to receive certificate and pay the $25 fee.
- One-on-one counseling must be completed in order to receive the certificate.
Part 2- Financial Management
Money management is about choices – choosing how to save and spend your money which is critical in achieving financial security and reaching your goals. This interactive class will give you the tools to set a realistic spending plan, trim expenses, understand how to use credit wisely, and learn how to identify unnecessary spending in order to create financial goals.
Workshop attendees leave the session understanding:
- How to track spending, decrease spending, and manage bills; and
- Why credit is important and what creditors look for when making credit decisions.