Project Manager – Emergency Services
The Project Manager will implement a regional bottled water program and lead a team that works in highly diverse and disadvantaged communities throughout the San Joaquin Valley. The Project Manager should have an understanding of, and/or empathy towards loss of access to water due to severe water quality and drought conditions as this position blends the technical aspects of project management with direct service provisions to diverse participants throughout the Valley.
- Conduct community outreach and engagement activities to support community awareness and understanding of bottled water and other emergency services programs
- Track monthly invoices and submit monthly reimbursement claims as well as quarterly progress reports
- Prepare and monitor contracts with vendors and qualification and funding documentation with program participants
- Identify local community based organizations qualified to outreach to socially, economically, racially and physically vulnerable populations.
- Attend community meetings to listen and to provide project technical assistance
- Bilingual English and Spanish required
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage time and work tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to work effectively with public and private agency officials
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with vendors and funding agencies
- Ability to work with farmworker, low-income and other diverse community groups
- Ability to understand and manage technical aspects of field work and grant writing
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and strategize with residents and communities.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You were born a people person
You enjoy interacting with people–over email, on the phone, and in person. You're a great listener, motivator and get excited to help others be more successful.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.