Project Manager – Emergency Services
The Project Manager will work with disadvantaged community residents and coordinate with the Program Manager on implementing the disaster preparedness curriculum developed by the State of California for the Listos California Program Campaign.
- Design printed marketing materials using Publisher, Powerpoint, etc
- Conduct community outreach and engagement activities to support community awareness and understanding of the emergency preparedness program
- Track monthly invoices received from sub recipients and submit monthly reimbursement claims as well as quarterly progress reports
- Prepare and monitor sub recipient agreements between Self-Help Enterprises and Local Community Based Organizations
- Identify local community based organizations qualified to outreach to socially, economically, racially and physically vulnerable populations.
- Help local communities develop and implement disaster preparedness plans
- Attend community meetings to listen and to provide project technical assistance
- Bilingual English and Spanish required
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage time and work tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to work effectively with public and private agency officials
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with other Community Based Organizations
- Ability to work with farmworker, low-income and other diverse community groups
- Ability to understand and manage technical aspects of field work and grant writing
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and strategize with residents and communities.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You were born a people person
You enjoy interacting with people–over email, on the phone, and in person. You're a great listener, motivator and get excited to help others be more successful.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.