Manager – Housing Rehab
The Manager will implement programs and lead a staffing team that works with community residents in need of critical health and safety repairs to their owner occupied home. The Manager will oversee the program intake and loan processing activities.
The Manager must be able to work independently and as a team member, be detail-oriented and demonstrate strong program management and supervision skills. The Manager must also be able to work effectively with diverse community groups and with public and private agency officials.
• Oversee the management of contracts to ensure work is completed on schedule and in compliance with contract requirements.
• Assist in preparation of reports to funding agencies and organizations.
• Implement local, state, and federal regulations/programs (HOME, CDBG, USDA, HPG, CalHOME, PLHA...)
• Maintain effective communication with SHE partners, staff and others in a way that furthers positive working relationships.
• Prepare program and project budgets; review fiscal data, effectively manage within budget.
• Represent SHE to communities, agencies, funders and the media.
• Combination of education and work experience relevant and appropriate to the position.
• Experience with state and federal housing program preferred.
• Demonstrated technical, management, and administrative experience and expertise appropriate to the specific program area(s).
• Demonstrated experience with public speaking, meeting facilitation, and effective communication skills.
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and strategize with residents and communities.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You were born a people person
You enjoy interacting with people–over email, on the phone, and in person. You're a great listener, motivator and get excited to help others be more successful.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.