Water Quality Specialist
The Water Quality Specialist will work with our Emergency Services team responding to critical needs of Valley families. The Water Quality Specialist should understand the properties of water, water pollutants and clean drinking water standards. A background in a hard science, such as Chemistry, Biology, or Geology, or any related science degree would be preferred. Experience performing water sampling testing and/or water sampling techniques, or water well assessments would be beneficial.
- Analyze and interpret water quality lab results
- Recommend water filtration systems per water quality results and schedule installations of those systems with vendors.
- Ensure quality assurance, testing, and analysis is conducted properly and within appropriate protocols
- Answer inquiries from the vendors, team members and the public regarding water quality concerns
- Collect data and maintain logs, reports, and records
- Assist in planning and/or implementation of various public education events and programs related to water quality
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated technical skills that are relevant to water quality analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage time and work tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to set priorities, work with multiple deadlines, have independent judgement
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, government agency representatives, and the public.
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and strategize with residents and communities.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You were born a people person
You enjoy interacting with people–over email, on the phone, and in person. You're a great listener, motivator and get excited to help others be more successful.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.