Project Tech – Field Based Water Sampler
The Emergency Services Project Tech will serve as a ‘water sampler’ and work closely with communities throughout the San Joaquin Valley, and their residents to test the quality of water in existing, newly drilled or deepened domestic water wells. Travel is required throughout the Valley, with an emphasis on travel within Tulare County (mileage is reimbursed). Ability to communicate in Spanish is desired (full fluency not required).
- Work with individuals, communities, local municipalities, and state agencies to facilitate implementation of drought relief and resiliency efforts
- Communicate directly with families participating in all Emergency Services programs.
- Conduct water sampling as required for all programs.
- Track and maintain detailed records of test sites, samples, daily activities, etc.
- Upload data to countywide information systems
- Assist individuals and small, rural communities in complying with technical, managerial, and financial requirements necessary to assist residents
Successful applicants will be self-starters and will demonstrate strong computer (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and communication skills. The ability to relate well with persons of diverse backgrounds is critical.
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and work with a diverse staff of colleagues and participants.
You love people and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a doer and a learner
You love to roll your sleeves up and handle the task at hand. You are excited about expanding your skillset and learning new things.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.