Project Manager – Energy
Self-Help Enterprises (SHE) has a job opening for a Project Manager (PM) in our Community Development (CD) Department, based in our Visalia office. The CD Department provides technical assistance to rural communities to obtain vital infrastructure improvements. The CD Energy PM, works closely with residents of San Joaquin Valley low-income, rural communities to access clean, affordable energy and transportation improvements. Project Managers are responsible for several aspects of community based projects including assessment, development and implementation plus community outreach and engagement. It is a necessary function of this position to serve in an advocacy and technical assistance role for the clean and affordable energy needs of rural, low-income people.
- Support the development, management and advancement of community projects.
- Conduct community surveys, needs assessments and related research to obtain community information and determine infrastructure needs and deficiencies.
- Research and package loan and grant applications, and administer funds.
- Work with community residents, governing boards, utilities and engineers to facilitate project planning and development.
- Represent SHE to CBO’s, government agencies, private firms and other partners.
- Conduct community outreach and engagement activities to support community involvement and residents’ understanding of project details.
- Provide energy education and training to low-income residents.
- Attend community meetings (some nights and weekends) to listen, update and provide project technical assistance.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Ability to work effectively with farmworker, low-income, and other community groups
- Ability to manage and understand the technical aspects of project management
- Experience in Clean Energy, Clean Transportation or related programs
- Ability to manage time and work tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to work effectively with public and private agency officials
- Strong facilitation and leadership development skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and strategize with local community leaders.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You were born a people person
You enjoy interacting with people–over email, on the phone, and in person. You're a great listener, motivator and get excited to help others be more successful.
You're not scared of a little paperwork
You're a clear communicator, ready to tackle new applications and proposals.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You love analyzing data and identifying insights. You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.