Project Manager – Community Engagement
Self-Help Enterprises has an opening for an Project Manager in our Community Development program.
The Project Manager will work with disadvantaged community residents and coordinate with the State Division of Drinking Water and other agencies to formalize SHE’s capacity building and training program. This program will benefit San Joaquin Valley Counties’ disadvantaged community entities that provide water and wastewater services.
The proposed program will offer quarterly trainings, (i.e. workshops, site visits and/or educational tours) within SHE’s service area. These workshops will increase the capacity of disadvantaged communities’ representatives to better manage and govern the services they provide to their residents. Training will include items related to finances, governance, and project management to assist water board members in becoming more effective water leaders.
The Project Manager will:
- develop the program curriculum,
- schedule workshops,
- coordinate presenters,
- recruit participation from disadvantaged community residents, and
- conduct the trainings.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Strong computer (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) skills
- Ability to problem solve and brainstorm creative solutions in challenging situations, and
- Ability to work with diverse community groups and with public and private agency officials
- Ability to develop curriculum and deliver in-person training
- Ability to work in a high volume environment with multiple deadlines and a variety of tasks
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and strategize with communities and residents.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.