Project Manager Construction
Self-Help Enterprises (SHE) is a dynamic nonprofit housing and community development organization dedicated to improving the living conditions of low income residents of the San Joaquin Valley.
SHE is looking for a Project Manager based out of our Madera office. This position allows you to use your knowledge to coordinate housing rehabilitation activities while working in a rewarding career that improves the living conditions of low-income residents in the San Joaquin Valley.
As a Project Manager, you will coordinate the construction and oversee the work of contractors on major construction projects designed to bring substandard, deteriorated housing in compliance with current building codes and standards, addressing concerns such as structural safety, foundation renovation, plumbing, and electrical wiring.
This position requires extensive construction experience and familiarity with codes, inspections, work write-ups, cost estimating and construction monitoring. Must have good negotiation skills, be able to oversee numerous jobs concurrently and possess skills in all areas of general construction. Contractor’s license desirable. Travel within the service area required.
- Coordination, cost control, and production deadlines of projects
- Conducting detailed housing inspections to determine safety, structural soundness, and livability
- Assessing feasibility of rehabilitation and/or reconstruction of dwelling
- Redesigning floor plan for better utilization of space and/or handicap access, as needed
- Developing accurate cost and time estimates for proposed work
- Developing work write-ups and plans needed to obtain bids
- Conducting bid tours with contractors
- Inspecting work for compliance with contract, specifications, and plans
- Monitoring contractor’s license and insurance to ensure good standing
- Project management/reporting
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor
- Project management experience
- The ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Travel within San Joaquin Valley service area required
- Valid CA driver's license, current vehicle liability insurance and an appropriate vehicle for work use are required
- Functional knowledge of computers and office equipment
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and work with local community members.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You were born a people person
You enjoy interacting with people. You're a great listener, motivator and get excited to help others be more successful.
You like to teach by doing
You're a clear communicator, capable to sharing your technical skills with novices.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.