Permanent Supportive Housing Specialist
Self-Help Enterprises has an opening for a Housing Specialist to focus on Resident Services with SHE’s Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) residents. The Housing Specialist will report to the PSH Asst. Director and engage in services toward the goal of improving independent living skills and housing retention of enrolled participants. The Housing Specialist will serve as a direct contact for PSH residents, providing friendly support and frequent opportunities for resident feedback that will allow SHE to evolve and improve the PSH program. In addition to providing some direct services to PSH households, the Housing Specialist will also support, coordinate, and monitor high-quality programs and activities provided by partnering service providers. These efforts will support SHE’s ‘Housing First’ efforts across our rental housing portfolio. Clinical or social services background in serving marginalized populations is important.
- Work with diverse and marginalized groups and individuals experiencing barriers including homelessness, complex trauma, medical and mental health needs, and substance use disorder.
- Perform outreach and engagement services in the community to people referred to SHE’s housing projects.Meet with participants and service providers to connect necessary services to residents.
- Help provide safe and healthy spaces and activities for resident development, skill building, and recreation.
- Work to support the effective communication between SHE as the owner, service providers, the property management company and PSH residents.
- Coordinate resident engagement activities to promote community and build trust with PSH residents.
- Approach problem solving with a resident-centric, trauma informed lens. This includes working collaboratively with internal teams and external partners on strategies for housing retention.
- Develop and maintain accurate files with required documents and data in appropriate databases and filing systems. Maintain PSH resident database with records of resident contact, referrals, and engagement to identify trends, needs, opportunities, and outcomes. Assist PSH Manager with program evaluation that ensures effective services and outcomes.
- Ensure services to residents emphasize participant choice, harm reduction, trauma-informed care, and psycho-social rehabilitation.
- Participate in staff meetings, individual and group supervision, case conferences, and training opportunities.
- Demonstrated track record and passion for working with individuals and families experiencing homelessness, chronic illness, and/or complex trauma
- Experience with crisis intervention
- Commitment to the ‘Housing First’ model and trauma-informed service provisions
- Background in Social Work/Mental Health/Case Management as evidenced by appropriate combination of education and/or work experience
- Ability to build trust, listen, and engage with a diverse population or residents and partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a strong team, embrace diversity, and recognize contributions
- Ability to establish deliverables and implement approved actions
- Ability to use Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel and other basic computer software programs, including case management software
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout SHE’s eight-county service area to perform job functions
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and strategize with communities and residents.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.