Manager – Emergency Services
Self-Help Enterprises has two openings for Manager in our Emergency Services department. The Managers will implement programs and lead a staff team that works with disadvantaged community residents in the areas of: Water Quality; and Disaster Resiliency. The Managers will coordinate with local and state agencies and local community-based organizations to implement these activities.
The Manager must be able to work independently and as a team member, be detail-oriented and demonstrate strong program management and supervision skills. The Manager must also be able to work effectively with diverse community groups and with public and private agency officials. The Manager should also be passionate and have a commitment to equitable community representation, be visionary and have a strong work ethic.
Water Quality Division
Household Well Assistance
Education for new participants
Disaster Resiliency Division
Unified Support Team
Domestic Well Education
- Provide leadership to program staff in carrying out the programs and mission of SHE.
- Oversee the management of contracts to ensure work is completed on schedule and in compliance with contract requirements.
- Oversee preparation of reports to funding agencies and organizations.
- Oversee and support the development/implementation of community outreach and engagement plans and project needs assessments.
- Ensure program staff members are well-trained, well supported, and provided a safe work environment.
- Maintain effective communication with SHE partners, staff and others in a way that furthers positive working relationships.
- Prepare program and project budgets; review fiscal data, effectively manage within budget.
- Represent SHE to communities, agencies, funders and the media.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong project management, supervisorial, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated technical, management, and administrative experience and expertise appropriate to the specific program area(s).
- Demonstrated experience with public speaking, meeting facilitation, and effective communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as team member.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and strategize with communities and residents.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.