Manager – Drinking Water for Schools
Self-Help Enterprises has a job opening for a Manager in our Community Development (CD) Department, based out of our Visalia or Madera office. The Manager will lead their team to assist eligible school districts to develop, fund and implement Drinking Water for Schools (DWFS) Grant Program projects that improve access to and the quality of drinking water in public schools serving rural, disadvantaged communities. The Manager must be able to work independently and as a team member, be detail-oriented and demonstrate strong program management, time management, supervision skills, and have a strong work ethic. The Manager will report to the Program Director for Community Development and is responsible for all aspects of project development, implementation actions and overall program administration.
- Provide leadership to program staff in carrying out the programs and mission of SHE.
- Ability to manage time in a manner to complete Supervisor tasks while still providing support to DWFS staff to ensure meeting critical deadlines.
- Work with multiple stakeholders (school district staff, governing boards, water operators, engineers and the State Water Resources Control Board – Division of Financial Assistance and Division of Drinking Water) to facilitate the development and implementation of water quality and water access projects.
- Oversee the management of contracts to ensure work is completed on schedule and in compliance with contract requirements.
- Oversee preparation of reports to school districts, funding agencies and organizations.
- Oversee and support the development/implementation of the Drinking Water For Schools and related Programs
- Oversee and support the development to community education and capacity building program curriculum.
- Effectively and constructively manage and coordinate the services of professional consultants such as attorneys, engineers, architects and others.
- Seek appropriate financial resources to maintain, expand and improve program efforts plus cultivate and maintain relationships with existing and new funders
- Ensure program staff members are well-trained, well supported, and provided a safe work environment.
- Maintain effective communication with SHE partners, staff and others in a way that furthers positive working relationships; including coordinating consistent staff check-ins to allow for one on one support to staff.
- Prepare program and project budgets; review fiscal data, effectively manage within budget.
- Represent SHE to communities, agencies, funders and the media.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience working with multiple professionals and preferably with contractors, vendors and school districts.
- Knowledge and/or experience in developing requests for bids/proposals and managing bidding process.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously and with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work independently and as team member.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience in reviewing and processing invoices for contracts and grant agreements.
- Knowledge and/or experience with contracts and grants administration and reporting.
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and strategize with communities and residents.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.