Self-Help Enterprises has an opening for a bilingual (English/Spanish) Homeownership Counselor. The counselor works with families to prepare them for homeownership – covering issues such as budgeting, credit repair, and financial management. A strong ability to work with a diverse group of participants, clearly teach/share information, and a close attention to detail are all required for the position. Homeownership classes are taught in both English and Spanish, so bilingual fluency is required for this position.
- Recruit, coordinate and schedule counseling courses and classes
- Teach homeownership classes following established curriculum
- Provide group and individual counseling
- Help prepare families for homeownership or other opportunities through financial education, credit counseling, etc.
- Experience in teaching or training
- Knowledge of financial management, banking budgeting, credit repair and building
- Knowledge of various lending products
- Strong attention to detail and organizational and time management
- Ability to manage a caseload of participants and document work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Demonstrated skill with office equipment and computer software (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- HUD Homeownership Counseling Certification or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and strategize with peers and participants.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You were born a people person
You enjoy interacting with people–over email, on the phone, and in person. You're a great listener, motivator and get excited to help others be more successful.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.