Disaster Resiliency Tech
The Disaster Resiliency Project Technician performs a variety of administrative/clerical duties. Individual positions will have specific areas of focus in support of particular SHE programs.
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of files and records.
- Handle unit filing and copying of documents as needed.
- Assist unit staff with securing documentation needed.
- Assist with tracking down needed information to expedite services to participants.
- Deliver information or needed items to field staff and/or other agencies as directed.
- Handle incoming unit phone calls as required and dispatch messages to staff.
- Assist with preparation of unit fiscal and activity reports.
- Communicate effectively with participants and representatives of public agencies and businesses.
- Assist with proper completion and verification of a variety of forms and necessary paperwork.
- Assist with outreach events in setting up and hosting.
- Assist in inventory maintenance of department equipment.
- Handle unit forms supply, inter office mail.
- Work closely with clerical unit to facilitate communication and process paperwork.
- May involve processing of orders for stock materials, pricing, purchase orders.
- Some positions involve routine typing, data entry (keypunch), or extensive use of calculator and other mathematical skills.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor.
- Standard office procedures and basic computer skills.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Perform correct mathematical calculations.
- Adjust to changes in the workload.
- Accurately perform repetitive tasks.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- An appropriate vehicle for work use may be required.
- A valid California Driver’s License and current automotive liability coverage may be required.
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and strategize with residents and communities.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You were born a people person
You enjoy interacting with people–over email, on the phone, and in person. You're a great listener, motivator and get excited to help others be more successful.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.