Director of Partner Services
Self-Help Enterprises has an immediate opening for a Director of Partner Services.
The Partner Services team works with cities and counties throughout our 9-county service area to seek funding and provide services that aid families in building and sustaining healthy homes and communities. The Director is a senior management position which provides leadership and management to several SHE programs (housing rehabilitation, homebuyer assistance, loan portfolio management, and other related efforts) and participates in the overall management of the organization. The Partner Services programs This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the CEO.
- Provide leadership to program staff and the organization in carrying out the programs and mission of SHE.
- Coordinate, plan and develop comprehensive programs for implementing SHE goals.
- Seek appropriate financial resources to maintain, expand and improve program efforts.
- On-going in-depth review and analysis of program operations, community needs, program resources.
- Ensure program staff members are well-trained, well supported, and provided a safe work environment.
- Evaluate staff performance in accordance with SHE policies and make recommendations regarding salary, advancement, training, etc.
- Assure compliance with SHE policies and with quality and cost standards at all program levels.
- Coordinate and maintain information systems and controls necessary to insure successful operations. Prepare required internal and external activity and progress reports.
- Effectively coordinate activities with other SHE programs.
- Maintain effective communication with SHE partners, funders, and regulators in a way that furthers positive working relationships.
- Prepare program and project budgets; review fiscal data, effectively manage within budget.
- Represent SHE to communities, agencies, the media, and participants.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Board members, colleagues, public elected officials and employees, staff from other community organizations, the business community, and the general public
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
- Competence in promoting, expediting and accelerating housing and related programs within the policy guidelines of the CEO and Board.
- Leadership skills and the ability to organize and coordinate the work of others.
- Demonstrated financial and regulatory/compliance acumen.
- Initiative and good judgment.
- A friendly and outgoing personality, with the ability to work compatibly with people of diverse backgrounds.
- The ability to communicate well with groups and individuals both in writing and orally.
- A high degree of self-motivation, dedication, creativity, perseverance, and integrity.
- Strong time management skills, flexibility, ability to establish appropriate priorities and manage multiple and varied projects under pressure.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science, or advanced degree, preferably in a related field, or significant, relevant work experience handling similar programs and responsibilities.
- A valid California Driver’s License and current automotive liability coverage are required.
- An appropriate vehicle for work use.
- Willingness to travel throughout service area.
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and strategize with residents and communities.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You were born a people person
You enjoy interacting with people–over email, on the phone, and in person. You're a great listener, motivator and get excited to help others be more successful.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.