Data and Grant Specialist
The Data and Grant Specialist is responsible for the year round data collection, analysis, and reporting activities for multiple programs at Self-Help Enterprises. This position will be the central hub for a variety of data
The Data and Grant Specialist plays an essential role in developing the most effective means for enabling SHE staff to access and act on data from SHE’s various programs and communities served. The Data and Grant Specialist extracts, transforms and analyzes data that is then shared in the optimal manner. Data can be shared as raw details, reports or dashboards and other visualization tools. The needs of the organization and communities served are evolving, and the Data and Grant Specialist helps ensure that the SHE team shares data through accurate and innovative means
The Data and Grant Specialist also researches and identifies grant-funded sources to support SHE’s activities and coordinates the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to public and private funding agencies.
This position is a vital member of interdisciplinary teams within SHE and amongst community partners and will work closely with internal and external users to identify ways to provide necessary data and reports to understand and address organizational needs and challenges.
An ideal candidate will have strong data analysis and problem-solving skills for delivering high quality solutions. Strong technology, analytical and communication skills are necessary traits. The Data and Grant Specialist will analyze current implementation and define best practices or areas to improve data and business processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Serve as a central hub for the organization to collect, organize, and analyze data across SHE programs, including demographics, production, etc.
- Create detailed reports and other tool to supports SHE’s various programs and efforts
- Utilize GIS to collect, analyze, and report data to various end users
- Enhance reporting capabilities for staff use to support grant writing, reporting, and compliance
- Manage the completion and submittal of monthly, quarterly, annual, and one-off reporting requirements for various partners and funding agencies
- Work across multiple departments to centralize data and maintain up to date databases
- Research and deploy new data collection and reporting tools to help ‘tell the story’ with the numbers
(Any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
Education: Four year college degree.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years relevant data collection/analysis and grant writing experience, preferably in non-profit environment.
- Demonstrated technical and administrative experience and expertise appropriate to the position.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated experience with public speaking, meeting facilitation, and effective communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as team member.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook) and database management tools. Must be able to work efficiently and effectively with customized spreadsheets and databases; conduct Internet research; and be comfortable learning new software.
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and strategize with communities and residents.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.