Coordinator – Plans and Permits
SHE is looking for a Coordinator, focused on the Permits and Planning for our Mutual Self-Help Housing Program based out of our Visalia office.
As a Coordinator, you will be responsible for submitting plans and permit applications to the various governmental offices where SHE is working. The Coordinator will work directly with Architects, Engineers, Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Raters and energy consultants to coordinate the house plan development and needed changes for code updates and improvements.
This position requires appropriate experience with residential construction, estimating, and purchasing, securing bids, project management, and experience working with contracts and subcontractors.
- Assisting Self-Help Housing Program Director and other support staff.
- Assisting with the development of new plans.
- Procurement and management of house permits.
- Preparing and submitting required reports.
- Coordinating with land development and preconstruction activities.
- Working directly with architects, planning departments, and energy consultants on all SHE housing plans.
- Implementing SHE purchasing policy.
- Securing bids on materials and subcontracts.
- Developing and monitoring contracts, and corresponding with contractors and partners.
- Coordinating bill paying process.
- Maintaining working relationship with partners and contractors.
- Monitoring cost control system.
- Assisting in the securement of construction financing, coordinating draws, and monitoring costs.
- Participating in new housing construction staff meetings.
- Working effectively with a wide range of partners, peers, and participants.
- Other duties as required by Supervisor.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of construction.
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications and interpret construction quantities.
- Knowledge of construction materials and their costs.
- Ability to do materials take-offs.
- Experience in estimating.
- Experience and/or education in plans and permitting.
- Experience in data processing helpful.
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and work with local community members.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You were born a people person
You enjoy interacting with people. You're a great listener, motivator and get excited to help others be more successful.
You like to teach by doing
You're a clear communicator, capable to sharing your technical skills with novices.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.