Construction Manager – Real Estate Development
Self-Help Enterprises has an opening for a Construction Manager to perform project management services for a variety of intriguing and diversified planning and construction projects throughout the San Joaquin Valley. Project include single-family subdivision development as well as multifamily rental, permanent supportive housing, senior housing, major rehabilitation and more.
The Construction Manager will provide support to the development team and will assist in construction related issues, such as managing easements, assisting with flood zone challenges, facilitating survey work, lot line adjustments and mapping, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) design issues and other predevelopment challenges. Additionally, this position will help to further develop standardized broadband and Wi-Fi design standards, facilitate dry utility design and renewable energy connections.
- Provides management of entitlement process for a variety of SHE development properties, to include comprehensive plan amendments, rezonings, and site plan submissions and approvals, among others.
- Provides management of the overall planning, design, and construction process for a variety of real estate development projects.
- Produces conceptual land planning and design concepts for a variety of projects as requested by the Director of Real Estate Development.
- Provides construction management services as required to augment the Project Management staff.
- Facilitate predevelopment construction management including understanding and remediating site constraints, managing easements, facilitating ingress/egress, etc.
- Coordinate with Asset Management on product selection, analysis of product lifecycle and maintenance costs, and standardization across projects.
- Prepare and maintain rental housing specification manual.
- Complete systems/product analysis to determine most cost-effective approach.
- A degree in Construction Management, Planning, Design, Engineering, Architecture, or a related field (or commensurate work experience).
- Excellent working knowledge of planning, architecture, engineering, and general construction concepts.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe products, and specific design and development software a plus.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills, strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a leader and member of cross-disciplinary teams.
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to dig deep on fiscal and accounting functions to support real estate development.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.