We are currently recruiting for a Bookkeeper position in our Accounting department focused on Real Estate Development transactions and accounting.
The Bookkeeper works directly for the Chief Financial Officer to prepare the books and records for various multifamily rental development projects. During the development stage each project is a separate database that requires a complete set of records from the original escrow, documenting the sale of the project from Self-Help Enterprises to a subsidiary limited partnership, to the completion of the project over an approximate three year period.
Must demonstrate experience working with complex Excel spreadsheets and a working knowledge of accounting principles and concepts. Ability to work in a computerized accounting system. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing required. Strong candidate will be comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Establish cooperative working relationships with staff and others.
- Maintain separate database for accounting of each project through computerized accounting system.
- Process invoices, checking on totals, research discrepancies, post to proper accounts, issue checks, issued bank wires/transfers, and prepare deposits.
- Prepare journal entries, run trial balances, process data, maintain records reconcile differences.
- Prepare reports for internal and external use.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Provide assistance and support to real estate development staff.
- Provide assistance to the CFO on specific tasks.
- Prepare reports for funding sources and the Board as needed.
- Assist with the management of audits and tax returns for
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- AA or BA in Accounting/Business
- Finance/accounting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects
- Previous property/title experience a plus
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to dig deep on fiscal and accounting functions to support real estate development.
You love people, communities, and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You get excited about the details
You're a detail oriented person who is organized and always looking for efficiencies.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.