The Accounting Technician position supports programs in a large non-profit organization. This includes general accounting, deposits, processing invoices, reconcile accounts and statements and broad accounting department support. Applicant must maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality. Must be comfortable working with spreadsheets and accounting software, journal entries, trial balances and be detail oriented. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing required. Strong candidate will be comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Process invoices for the company and related entities and issue payments weekly;
- Code, deposit and post cash receipts
- Prepare and filing reports;
- Reconcile general account balances and vendor & bank statements; and
- Communicate with staff, partners, and vendors.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
- Experience with Excel and accounting software
- Experience with double entry accounting, journal entries and trial balances
- AA or AS in accounting/business or finance or commensurate education and experience
You're a passionate and energetic person who's excited to connect and work with a diverse staff of colleagues and partners.
You love people and problem solving
You're always excited to meet someone new, listen, and help them find solutions to their needs.
You get excited about the details
You're a numbers person who loves to dive deep into your work, looking for efficiencies, dotting “i”s and crossing “t”s.
You're a creative and strategic thinker
You love analyzing data and identifying insights. You strive to come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems that seem impossible. You're capable of thinking about the big picture and coming up with a plan to execute.
You see something that can be improved and you go after it. You have a strong desire to help others and to be a part of something special at Self-Help Enterprises.